KRS-One

"Lawrence Christopher Parker (born August 20, 1965), better known by his stage name KRS-One is an American MC and producer. Over his career, he has been known by several pseudonyms including "Kris Parker," "The Blastmaster," "The Teacha," and "The Philosopher."[1] At the 2008 BET Awards, KRS-One was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award for all his work and effort towards the Stop the Violence Movement as well as the overall pioneering of hip-hop music and culture."

KRS-One made me fall in love with hip hop. He literally is the teacha when you start to look back on his albums. I don't think his status is met by any other emcee lately, and have yet to meet anyone (not from Queens) that doesn't respect him. Nowadays you'll find him on Duck Down Records (alongside Sean Price and Buckshot) with his recent release with Buckshot, Survival Skills, which included their single "Robot" which was mostly about how everyone in the industry sounds the same, calling out Autotune.

But I don't want to talk about his recent career, I wanna talk about him at his peak, he released My Philosophy and his self titled album. He's the teacha. That's really all I have to say, right now I'll make an exception on the one video rule and post one from back in the day to now.

--

Early Single: Hold


Recent Single: Robot

17 Response to "KRS-One"

  1. Anonymous says:

    KRS-One is some good oldskool hiphop :)

    wow I didn't think I was going to like it , but I did.

    Campino says:

    nice hip hop

    Yes KRS-One is a true master of Hip-Hop. :D

    gMusic says:

    That's what I like in that kind of music.

    anon1337 says:

    Nice ones, some pretty decent songs. thanks.

    tigey says:

    always nice to hear good hip hop

    2Beer1Sip says:

    badada bang, badadada bang, listen to my 9mm go bang

    I used to love KRS-One. Haven't listened to his stuff in a while.

    SpringyB says:

    Not bad

    Nerd Life says:

    KRSONE is the shit

    thanks for sharing this

    good stuff! xD

    he's got mad flow

    nice!

    cool songs :)

    This is sweet!

Post a Comment